Happy Easter!

The is the core forum of BFC. It's all about informal and random talk on any topic.
Forum rules
Post a new topic to begin a chat.
Any topic is acceptable, and topic drift is permissible.
tomsk

Happy Easter!

Post by tomsk »

One and all... :clap: :clap: :clap:
I'm on nights working over the weekend but after have two weeks off....Ole!
:loveu: :loveu: :loveu:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sirHoeJ5Td8
yogi

Re: Happy Easter!

Post by yogi »

I've never seen that rendition of Can Can before. :lol:

Hopefully you will have some time to celebrate Sunday.
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by Kellemora »

Ditto on the Happy Easter to everyone!

By the way, who's idea was it to give eggs to an animal that hops?
yogi

Post by yogi »

The rabbit symbolizes springtime, fertility, and rebirth. It is believed that Anglo-Saxon Goddess of Spring, Eostre had a hare as her companion. It was all brought to America by German immigrants who added eggs (Osterhase, egg laying bunnies) to the symbolism, so says Wikipedia.
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

Happy Easter Y'ALL!
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

tomsk

Post by tomsk »

:lol: Hello Vikki love...
This is my favourite wabbit..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDLN3W4Y2l4
:cool:
yogi

Post by yogi »

What's up doc?
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

Oh, I've not seen that in ages ...
still brilliantly funny...
Do you remember Foghorn Leghorn?
yogi

Post by yogi »

I'm not sure why but Foghorn Leghorn was my least favorite Looney Tunes character. Pepé Le Pew was even more appealing to me.
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

"i shay, shon, i shay...."

it's funny how reviled those cartoonsnow are: too violent, racist, sexist, speciest, ageist! save the children from them!

but 6 o'clock news are just fine.

right. cry me a river.
yogi

Post by yogi »

I stopped watching TV news years ago. My main source of information these days is the Internet. Much better, right?
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

you know, about 45 yrs ago a woman wrote to ann landers and said that she had a huge problem with news and what was happening in the world. she just wanted to take her kids and hide in the woods somewhere. reading her letter it now would have been obvious that she was suffering from from depression, but even i, then, knew the poor woman needed help. what was ann's "advice"? basically, grow up, shit happens!

i was so angry that i still remember it.
yogi

Post by yogi »

45 years ago depression wasn't considered an illness. You could not get insurance to cover treatments for it.

As far as the news goes, it IS depressing, but that's not my objection. Most of what is seen on television news is blatantly edited to please the advertising sponsors. Not all the news is reported by all the broadcasters. I am not without personal bias, but I want my sources to be as forthcoming as possible so that I can make informed decisions.
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

since i've not watched any, it had not occurred to me, but yes, when i did pick up a canadian newspaper, i'd notice a marked difference in the reporting of the same story. the Sun... often one could not even figure out just what the story was supposed to tell you, sp badly were they written. the Star was pretty much on the level and the Globe would pretty much ignore any "human interest" story.

once the sun had a 13 year old boy pictured standing in front his burning house. he was in his undies and crying his eyes out. i lost it! i wrote to the editor and ripped him a new one. the reply? the usual "we just report what we see..."

bull! they just report what they can think of brings the nastiest, most shocking angle. bottom feeders.
yogi

Post by yogi »

All of what you say is typical. Most revealing are the stories not reported by a given media. I moved into a very conservative neighborhood last year leaving a very liberal one behind. It's amazing to me how different the news coverage is. For example, Obama was a hero up north. Around here they sneer at you if you mention his name.
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

i'm always so baffled by the venom he brought forth with some people! i had no idea good a president he was - until now.

remember stan? pontiac5 or something? we used to email to each other as he'd had a rough time of it and would send really nice emails - unlike his rantings on the websites. then the obama trashing started! he'd circulate the vilest things to his kids, friends... and i finally told him ENOUGH! i did not want to see one derogatory thing about obama - ever!

never heard from from him since.

oh well. shocking. or not.
yogi

Post by yogi »

It's called racism and is the driving force behind Mr Trump's elevation to president.

I do recall pontiac5 and a few other right wingers. Those were the good ol' days before social networking.
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

pretty sad. and even worse when people appear to be fairly intelligent and yet are racist.
yogi

Post by yogi »

:think: I often thought about the root cause of racism. Why does it happen at all? The best explanation I've seen was by no means complete but kind of made sense. People are intrinsically suspicious and afraid of living things that are different than themselves - spiders and snakes, for example, represent some kind of threat. It has to do with a gut reaction the self-preservation instinct. If it's not like me, it must want to destroy me. So ... kill it before it kills me.