Problem Solving

The is the core forum of BFC. It's all about informal and random talk on any topic.
Forum rules
Post a new topic to begin a chat.
Any topic is acceptable, and topic drift is permissible.
yogi

Problem Solving

Post by yogi »

Alcohol Doesn't Solve Any Problems; But Then Again, Neither Does Milk -
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Re: Problem Solving

Post by Kellemora »

But a carefully placed block of Plastique seems to help in some situations, hi hi...
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

ermm... i don't get it... :think:
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by Kellemora »

Plastique is an explosive like Dynamite, Pil...
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

oh right, i'd forgotten....
yogi

Post by yogi »

Seems like an odd thing for your average non-terrorist to know.
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by Kellemora »

Being raised on a farm Yogi, I've probably handled more TNT as a youngster than most folks did their whole life.
In my early adult life, I used to make most of my own fireworks, mainly to save dad some money, because he an annual display that would put many small cities to shame.
Plastique is more versatile than TNT and can be used for many more things, and it doesn't go bad as fast as a stick of TNT. So in that regard is much safer.
Semtex like C4 is a soft pliable material, like modeling clay. And although it is an explosive, you are not going to set it off with fire, nor by beating it with a hammer, or shooting it with a gun for that matter. I only know of two (possibly three) ways to detonate Semtex, and in the interest of those who may read this, I'm not mentioning what they are.
A small marble size ball of Semtex lowered into an underground yellow jackets nest and detonated, is safer to handle and use than dumping a quart of gasoline into the hole and lighting it. Not to mention the fun factor of blowing them to smithereens, hi hi...
yogi

Post by yogi »

Blowing up bees nests is quite an interesting form of amusement. It sure beats tying firecrackers to the tail of a cat like us city boys used to do.
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by Kellemora »

We're both old enough to remember Silver Salutes, and the REAL M-80s, hi hi...
Heck, even the Cherry Bombs had ten times more power than the stuff they sell today under those names.

I'm sure you remember when adding machine paper came on rolls with a thick cardboard core. Some FAX paper still did a few years ago. We used to use these to make our own M-80s. We either filled them with Black Powder, or put 1/8tsp of silver powder in them. Didn't want to put more than 1/8tsp of the silver powder, we tried that a few times. The result was awesome, however, it would draw out the cops from the the counties around us, hi hi...

We could also buy Torpedo's, which were like ten times more powerful than a crackerball.
Fred Astaire used to use them in some of his dance routines.
Torpedo's were actually safer than crackerballs because they didn't have the little chunks of clay in them to get into folks eyes. I liked the ones that made the huge could of smoke, or aka white torpedo's. If you recall they had a different shape, more like a cone shape sorta.

Ah, the good ole days!