how to give a finn a coronary

The is the core forum of BFC. It's all about informal and random talk on any topic.
Forum rules
Post a new topic to begin a chat.
Any topic is acceptable, and topic drift is permissible.
pilvikki

how to give a finn a coronary

Post by pilvikki »

went over to the neighbours and eventually got talking furniture. gord is sitting in a chair they paid £5 for. they saw it on line offered for £1250. jugend, 1930 or so. cool.
anyway, chitchat and chitchat and 'see this table?' indicating the coffee table 'it had a nasty cigarette burn in it, so i painted the top black. i also cut the legs so it works as a coffee table.'
more chitchat.
'say, ever heard of alvar aalto, one of the world's most renown furniture designers? so much copied that now you think school, ikea or hospital when you see any of his furniture.'
really? so robert hits the net and then points to a table: 'see, that's what it looked like, with the dovetail corners and that stamp on the bottom.'
you... you... painted an aalto table... and... and... cut the legs....

:thud:
yogi

Re: how to give a finn a coronary

Post by yogi »

Some see Alvar Aalto furniture as ... just furniture. The more enlightened among us see it as artwork. It makes one wonder who has the truest picture.

It's not all about quality; I can make dove-tailed joints too. It is sacrilegious to apply paint to most wooden furniture, but even there exceptions are possible. Altering an artist's creation may be the epitome of insults, but neighbor Robert was looking for a coffee table, not a sculpture. Clever, not? :thud:
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

personally I find a lot of aalto super boring... in a utilitarian way.
yogi

Post by yogi »

They say there is some kind of message behind truly great art. I don't get most of it. Maybe it's because I'm hard of hearing.
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

:lol:

well, there are SO many variations of the theme. I love some, hate some. even so, I can appreciate the skill it takes to produce those huuuge canvasses they have loitering in art galleries, although i'd rather not stare at them all day long.

looking for a piece to demonstrate, I see this:

:lmao2:
yogi

Post by yogi »

• Is this art, or is this a joke?
Actually, it's ammunition used by the CIA during the Cold War. Talk about hidden messages.
https://allstaractivist.com/2014/11/22/ ... ia-weapon/
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

Is that Pollock?
It's a load of Pollocks!