here's a hobby for anyone needing one

The is the core forum of BFC. It's all about informal and random talk on any topic.
Forum rules
Post a new topic to begin a chat.
Any topic is acceptable, and topic drift is permissible.
yogi

Re: here's a hobby for anyone needing one

Post by yogi »

I'd watch my wife knit and cross stitch and wonder how she can do something so repetitive for such a long time. It would be mind numbing for me.
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by Kellemora »

I did photo-charted cross-stitch. Had to stop on a major project when I moved south, and then the arthritis in my hands flared up. The frau wants me to get back to it, since I already have about 3 years into the last project. I was often carrying six to eight colors or more, in a single row at the same time, which is very tricky.

I no longer have any of the pix on-line to share them here.
Ironically, I will have to learn all over again, because it has been set aside for over ten years now.
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

I don't like cross stitch for some reason, but have an embroidery thing on the go. as for it being tedious, you go autopilot and people can do whatever while working away. not me, I need to look at what i'm stitching/knitting. it is relaxing though for I need to pay just enough attention to stop my mind from meandering.

for someone supposedly none too smart, m-I-l used to knit doll clothes with very intricate patterns, yet was blind in one eye and did it while watching TV.
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

I think it's therapeutic and helps to focus one's mind and let's face it life goes by in a Whoosh...I wouldn't mind giving it a go..
we used to do it in Primary school..