Best Antivirus

The is the core forum of BFC. It's all about informal and random talk on any topic.
Forum rules
Post a new topic to begin a chat.
Any topic is acceptable, and topic drift is permissible.
yogi

Best Antivirus

Post by yogi »

As the article mentions, antivirus software is getting to be passé with the proliferation of all the other variations of malware now available thanks to distributors of free and open source software. Still, the need to protect against the traditional virus is strong. It's often packaged with larger programs that provide "total" security. I frequently get asked what it the best antivirus software, and that list of top ten changes as often as I'm asked. It's difficult to pin it down, but there are companies who consistently show up on "the best" lists. You will recognize them, and if I were to use antivirus software at all on my computers I'd probably go with this year's #1 choice. So you can research Google for the list I copied or go to the web site with fuller descriptions, if you don't mind the click bait approach they use.

TOP 10 AV PROGRAMS: http://naijacomedyhub.com/top-10-best-a ... uter-2017/
  • #10 Avira Free Antivirus 2015
    #9 BitDefender Antivirus Free Edition 2016
    #8 Trend Micro Internet Security 2015
    #7 Qihoo 360 Total Security 2016
    #6 Panda Free Antivirus 2016
    #5 Avast Free Antivirus 2015
    #4 McAfee LiveSafe 2015
    #3 ESET NOD32 Antivirus 8
    #2 Avira Internet Security Suite 2015
    #1 ESET Smart Security 8
pilvikki

Re: Best Antivirus

Post by pilvikki »

you mean the "click-pay" approach. I don't go to them any more, but I still remember going through the whole routine for a free scan. which it was - and then said "you have 4821 viruses. pay $99 for the dnld and everything will be wonderful!"

it showed the alleged problems, so I was miffed enough to just copy them, look them up and delete them. but that was a long time ago when things were simpler.
yogi

Post by yogi »

The click throughs in this article are harmless. It's just annoying that you have to see 100 ads in order to read three paragraphs of real information. I avoid them as much as possible too, and that's why I provided the list instead of forcing a read of the link.
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

:loveu: