Mental block

The is the core forum of BFC. It's all about informal and random talk on any topic.
Forum rules
Post a new topic to begin a chat.
Any topic is acceptable, and topic drift is permissible.
Icey

Mental block

Post by Icey »

I must be going simple! I tried to send a cute photo of a sleeping piglet via email a short while ago ... and couldn't remember how to transfer it from google images! I got there in the end, but it took me numerous tries before I realised that I'd been doing it all wrong. HOW many times have I sent pics before? How can a person forget such a straight-forward process? :facepalm:
Time for me to go to bed I think!

:tiptoe:
yogi

Re: Mental block

Post by yogi »

I find Google's way of doing things to be confusing in many instances. For example, I've had a G-mail account for so long that I can't remember when I got it. My contacts list is out of control and there is no logical way to manage it. I've tried several times over the years and can't get anywhere with it. Some people swear by it. Others swear at it.
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

the contacts list!!! :thundermad:

what a total cluster!
yogi

Post by yogi »

I like G-mail a lot. It has some awesome filters that keep the spam out of my INBOX. Unfortunately they try to tie it to all their other services I don't want to use which makes the one's I'm interested in difficult. Google+ used to make sense when it was first introduced, but now it's a nightmare of meaningless drivel. Even Facebook is better than what Google is doing. And that's a major concession on my part.
Icey

Post by Icey »

Why aren't contacts easily removed/updated? If you have the addresses of deceased friends/relatives, I find it upsetting to see them there when there's no more contact. : (
yogi

Post by yogi »

The contact list in G-mail can be manipulated. The problem is in trying to discover how to make it meet your needs and wants. I've not found a way yet, and I've had G-mail since it was introduced. There are people who claim it is manageable and they write articles on how to do it. By the time I find those instructions, Google changes it's methods and we are back to square one.
Icey

Post by Icey »

:doh: Typical. I think everyone has unwanted contacts. It just seems ridiculous that you can't simple click them off.
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

i went to send a thank you card for my neighbour, we email regularly, rather than phone. i dug up the gmail contact list - and no gord. so what exactly does ALL mean to gmail? i had to open a blank email form and start typing his name to have it come up!

that's just idiotic!

and yes, connot get rid of unwanted addresses of people i've never even heard of, n/m the dead ones...
Icey

Post by Icey »

Annoying, isn't it? I can't imagine ANYONE wanting to keep old and unwanted addresses. I've got quite a few still listed.
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

i have around 3-4 addresses for many people who for whatever reason have switched. you'd think one could at least assign a priority address, but hell no! if i've not used the address, i'm sitting there wondering and depending, maybe will send to all of them.

then i change the name to something like icey 1 to remind me. but what a nuisance if you need to do several.
Icey

Post by Icey »

:eek:

Icey 1?
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

ok, I don't email my ex bil too often, but he has managed to change his email address 3 X, so when I do email him, I have to remember which tommy it is. so I changed his tommyb to This One.

:lol:

if you had 5 addresses, the mail would be icy 1, rather than 'this one'. :mrgreen:
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

What annoys me is different bloody codes and symbols to remember to get any where in these modern times....jeez...

also going into a room and forgetting why you went in there in the first place.... :rolleyes: :redface: :cry: :rolleyes: :bleh:
Icey

Post by Icey »

Well I only have 2 email addresses where people can find me; my GMX one which's hardly ever used, and my usual.
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

good for you..

:nana:
I just got my e-mails back!
Hurrah.. :cool:
Icey

Post by Icey »

I'll try it out in a bit.
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

Go for it 007,
I'm still discovering the new system here at work..
Icey

Post by Icey »

Give me a few minutes then.
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

ok Icey1!
Icey

Post by Icey »

Seems OK.