coffee is no substitute for sleep.

What's your story? Tell me and the entire world all about it.
Forum rules
Topics should be about experiences, comments, and observations from our members' personal lives.
pilvikki

coffee is no substitute for sleep.

Post by pilvikki »

yep, found that out the hard way today as I was picking up Wendy parts off the road after my fender bender today. having driven literally thousands of miles in the past few years and last having a vehicular altercation some 20 years ago, I pulled total boner by not reacting to a blind street corner yield sign!

:wtf:

nobody was hurt, but my pride and poor Wendy (car).

I've slept really lousy lately and was tired, but thought a few stiff cups of coffee ought to keep me afloat. well, the appointments dragged on a lot longer than I expected, and maybe next time i'll just stay home instead of pushing my luck.

:rolleyes:
Icey

Re: coffee is no substitute for sleep.

Post by Icey »

Lots of reasons why you might not've registered the sign, even if you noticed it, but I think the time to stop driving's when you start to get nervous about it. I'm rubbish going through towns, where lanes merge into each other and you get traffic lights every 50 yards.
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

i'm not nervous about it, but ye gods, they don't much care to make things easy in the town centres:

this is one of the wider 'avenues', lol!
Icey

Post by Icey »

What a great pic!

Actually, I'd rather have narrow streets like that, than busy ones like in Birmingham, as an example .....

pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

you've a point... I can't make head or tail out of your picture. on the other hand those narrow streets have intersections that are not signed and sometimes you can just guess, is there one coming up? somewhere. maybe.

ah, here's a better idea of what i'm talking about: you have to get your nose right out there before you find out if someone is coming along. we don't drive there, sod that!

a bit tight...
Icey

Post by Icey »

Yep - I see what you mean!