Chris Christie doesn't give a rat's ass about the elderly population in NJ!

What's your story? Tell me and the entire world all about it.
Forum rules
Topics should be about experiences, comments, and observations from our members' personal lives.
brandtrn
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Chris Christie doesn't give a rat's ass about the elderly population in NJ!

Post by brandtrn »

http://www.smysofficial.com/nursing/dea ... is-please/

Unfortunately, the same kind of crap is allowed to happen right here in Indiana -- which is just one more reason why I fled from the LTC environment, as much as I loved working with that particular patient population. Honestly! Our elderly loved ones have done so much for us...do they REALLY deserve to be packed into this kind of "warehouse" environment without enough staff to provide even the most "basic" adequate care??!!?? If such a thing is in my future, I hope that I'll have the cognitive ability to see it coming and to take myself out before it happens to me!
"The miracle is this: the more we share, the more we have." -- Leonard Nimoy (1931-2015)
pilvikki

Re: Chris Christie doesn't give a rat's ass about the elderly population in NJ!

Post by pilvikki »

I don't see chrissie reaching old age himself... what a jerk, as if it would cost him personally.
Icey

Re: Chris Christie doesn't give a rat's ass about the elderly population in NJ!

Post by Icey »

That's terrible!

We've had one or two physical abuse cases going off within our care homes, but in the main, elderly people're cared for very well, with plenty of staff to care for each resident.

I'd still hate to end up in a place like that. I hope that I'll be able to stay at home with my family, but, if I became a long-term burden, then I'd choose to go into the home where my grandmother went for respite care for a few weeks. Nothing was too much trouble, and the staff and nurses made sure that she was monitored so that she always had a drink at her side (dehydration put her there in the first place) and had pillows to prop herself up with. We couldnt've asked for better care.

Cutting down on all-important care workers makes the difference between an old person feeling happy and secure, and this's what they deserve after reaching a certain age or having health issues. Most of us're going to get old, and everyone deserves the proper care and consideration due.