Uncle's blog

What's your story? Tell me and the entire world all about it.
Forum rules
Topics should be about experiences, comments, and observations from our members' personal lives.
Icey

Uncle's blog

Post by Icey »

Well, for the past few years I've been posting the annual letter which my great Uncle Denis and his wife send to family members on this side of the pond. I didn't realise that Denis'd hit 90 now, and the lifestyle that he and his wife (in her 80's) lead never ceases to amaze us. For anyone who's remotely interested, this is their latest offering - and may they live to see a few more years of having such a fun and active retirement.

"After surviving a 15" snowfall In January, we decided we were really ready for our annual trip to Las Vegas and Arizona, spending a week with (relatives) in Sun City West, and continuing on to Tuscon for a week of fun with friends - golfing, eating and touring the Gem and mineral Show, plus having a great day in Tubac. Heading for Las Vegas and home, we stopped in Scottsdale for some r and r at Talking Stick and some shopping in old Scottsdale.

April found us in Jamaica for a spring break with ( 4 relatives), a nice time to play with the younger ones and relax.

In May and June we went to Canada, for a reunion with friends and for the wedding celebration of (relatives). Both were fun and happy occasions.

We took the rest of June and july to enjoy Michigan. (Uncle D recovered from his Watchman procedure). This was the insertion of a device to prevent blood clotting in the heart and causing complications.

Our party of the year was the celebration of the January wedding of (relatives close to home). There was a wonderful party attended by family and friends from near and far, and in August, we had another one to welcome (bride's husband) properly into the family.

Later that same month, Uncle D and his son-in-law went to Canada again on their annual fishing trip.

In September, we had two old friends come to stay with us for a week and a half. We went to our favourite haunts, such as Frankenmuth and Zenders chicken diner, as well as one of our friend's favourites - Big Boy.

We spent a week in November, celebrating (Uncle D's) 90th birthday in Key West. Lots of stone crabs, seafood, shopping and partying with friends and family who came along to help celebrate.

Thanksgiving was fun as usual. We are looking forward to Christmas and the New Year, which'll hopefully bring more peace to the world ..... "

Phew! Their activities were scaled down a bit this time as well. I don't know how folk of their ages manage to travel so frequently, along with dong all their stuff at home. Uncle D and his wife like to go dancing, they exercise every day and're members of various local clubs and raise money for charity.

We pale into insignificance at this end, although obvously lifestyles're quite different over here. Even so, god bless Uncle D and his wife, and I hope you enjoyed their blog. :loveu:
pilvikki

Re: Uncle's blog

Post by pilvikki »

more power to them!

all hail uncle D and auntie!

:clap:
Icey

Post by Icey »

Tyvm. I agree with you, but sooner them than me. If all goes well, they're coming over to the UK again in the summer, and were talking about having 2 weeks with us ......
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

well then, they can take you around, lol!
Icey

Post by Icey »

No, this one'll be a break before they travel on to Scotland and wherever. I can imagine it now ... relaxing days ..... expecting me to join in with their morning exercising .....

Walking ....

Golfing ....

Dancing ....

Swimming ....

Playing tennis ....

And me ..........

pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

:facepalm:
Icey