good... erm... morning.

What's your story? Tell me and the entire world all about it.
Forum rules
Topics should be about experiences, comments, and observations from our members' personal lives.
pilvikki

good... erm... morning.

Post by pilvikki »

this morning I woke up achy and fuzzy-headed. like hung-over, but cheaper as i'd not drank anything alcoholic.

coffee... need coffee....

so I thought i'd make punkin a cappuccino, myself just an espresso as that's, well, marginally faster. yes. faster.

I turn the machine on, pop a capsule into it, place the cup under the spout. while it's thinking and gurgling away, I got the milk, put it into the reservoir for it. added the sugar into punkin's cup.

then I hit the button and picked up the milk to....

"NO!" i'd hit the wrong button and foaming milk was oozing and spraying everywhere!

:facepalm:

clean it up.

start again. hit the right button this time - and the water ran out.

:bleh:

fill up the water tank. start again.

finally! both coffees made and we sit down to drink it while going over some paperwork..

...at which point punkin knocks hers all over the table, chair, papers, cat...

:eek:

"if you're making yourself one, i'll join you in a refill. on second thought, throw some baleys into mine. I sense we'll be needing extra today..."
Icey

Re: good... erm... morning.

Post by Icey »

:lmao1: Oh DEAR! That was a good old start!

Don't think mine began in a much better way really. Breakfast - a bacon cob, which I decided to add an egg to.
Bit into it, and the yolk ran out of the bottom of the bread and splattered down my nice clean top! :facepalm:
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

I hope tomorrow will be better....
Icey

Post by Icey »

Well it WAS Friday 13th wasn't it, although I'm not at all superstitious.

Today, as now, will be epic! Think lucky, and you'll BE lucky. : )
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

today was spent half asleep...
Icey

Post by Icey »

See? You're lucky!! LOL!!!!
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

so, today i'm spraying my orchids for those damned annoying white bugs they're prone to. i'd done 2, when suddenly I realise I got hold of the orange spray bottle with huge letters reading

BLEACH!!

on the side.

:doh: :facepalm:

run! out of my way!

...as I scurry over to the sink and shove then under the tap.

wow! what's going on with my freakin' head?
Icey

Post by Icey »

Well ... mistakes DO happen, and you have to look on the bright side. Bleach, you say? Well at least your orchids may be ... all white ..... ROFL! Joking aside, sorry to hear about it though. x
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

if i'd done anything, it ought to be clear by tomorrow, i'd think... but I did give them a real heavy-duty rinse (with village water than smells of - chlorine....)
Icey

Post by Icey »

Probably just the bleach residue running off them hun. Awww, has today gone any better?
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

well, today the only annoying thing was....

almost forgetting my dental appointment!

seriously?

yep.

I was looking for some paperwork and when I couldn't find it, had decided to rip ALL the pieces I own out of the filing cabinet, from my desk, anywhere! I piled them all onto a box I put down so I didn't have to reach down.

it fell over.

paper everywhere.

oh dear. I wonder if I have any email... and just then something went 'ding!' upstairs.... WHAT TIME IS IT? I have an appointment! aaaaargh!

it was 15 mins before I due in a village 10 min drive from home. so, here's me, riding like the wind

Icey

Post by Icey »

LOOOOOOOL!!!!!

Oh bless, well by the sound of things, you got to your appointment, and everything was fine?
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

and today punkin said "i don't have the other 2 kids to take to school, so did you want to come to the mall?"

sure thing! and away we go.

half way there I realized i'm still wearing my half length chenille house robe...

but had shoes at least.

:redneck:
Icey

Post by Icey »

:eek: You jest!!!!!??????
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

relax! it was something i'd thrown over my clothes as my room was chilly!

:lmao1:
Icey

Post by Icey »

Oh that's alright then. Phew .... : )
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

i'm pretty sure someone might have mentioned it, had I head out in nothing but a short robe....

:think:

and shoes.

:lol:
Icey

Post by Icey »

You won't believe this, but I've actually done it! When I lived at home, I wanted something from the paper shop down the road. Three minutes to closing time, and I'd just come out of the shower. Grabbed a robe and flip-flop slippers, and flapped all the way to the shop which I got to just in time. No one made a comment at all! Good grief. I'd do well in Walmarts!!! LOOL!

I'm more refined these days though. I'd probably put some proper shoes on now ..... : )
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

I did take off after my dog in a furious thunderstorm wearing my furry slippers, a T and leggings. the downpour was torrential, the sidewalk running like a river. the lightning had scared max so he was tearing through the adjacent graveyard while I was sporting a tiny kiddie umbrella and splashing on the sidewalk by the graveyard wall, yelling and screaming for him to stop.

I imagine it would have made a rather interesting spectacle....
Icey

Post by Icey »

It would! You could write a book about your exploits. :lol: