Feet!

What's your story? Tell me and the entire world all about it.
Forum rules
Topics should be about experiences, comments, and observations from our members' personal lives.
brandtrn
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Feet!

Post by brandtrn »

Nope, I'm NOT diabetic! Still, even with that in mind, I suppose that that simple fact doesn't "excuse" me from inspecting my feet on a daily basis, given my extensive network of varicose veins (undoubtedly, the result of YEARS spent on my feet, not to mention the excess pounds I've been carrying around with me for the past few years!) and the resulting circulatory problems which I have. Yes, I shower daily and WASH those feet, but do I really ever give them a *good* looking-over, unless I'm due for another pedicure appointment? Unfortunately, no, and to my detriment. Amazing, these "little" things like feet tend to be things which many of us seem take so much for granted, unless we're having a "problem" with them! Was bothered today by foot pain which I don't usually have...yes, I have ankle pain, knee pain, hip pain, back pain, etc., but I've NEVER really had any experience where the bottom of my foot just hurts like Hell and makes walking even MORE painful than usual! Stripped off my shoes and socks to have a look, only to find an open ulcer on the ball of my left foot! WTF?? Cleansed it carefully, applied some triple antibiotic ointment, and bandaged it up -- and followed THAT up with a call to my Doc. I'll be seeing him next week. Hopefully, I'll be well on the way to healing the thing by the time my appointment rolls around, but as much difficulty as I have with walking already due to the lupus and the osteoarthritis I have, the LAST thing I need is a foot ulcer mucking up my mobility! Grrrrrr!
"The miracle is this: the more we share, the more we have." -- Leonard Nimoy (1931-2015)
pilvikki

Re: Feet!

Post by pilvikki »

well, that seriously sucks! and since you're on the move constantly - and at full speed at that, what else can you do for your circulation? maybe those compression stockings, which I hate so much?

I know, rollerblades!

there you go, less strain on feet, twice the speed. :D

I have nasty varicose veins in my left, nothing visible in my right leg. I find that odd...
Icey

Re: Feet!

Post by Icey »

Well my feet aren't too good atm because of medication which I'm on. They don't feel good at all, but at least they're gloriously soft. I have a pedicure every 3 weeks or so, and use a calming lavender foot cream on them every day. Doesn't do a lot for the swelling and aching, but at least the skin feels nice.

Aching, swollen or blistered feet are no joke, and I'm sorry to hear that you've got an ulcer Cindy. I hope you can get that treated asap.