Feeling bruised...

What's your story? Tell me and the entire world all about it.
Forum rules
Topics should be about experiences, comments, and observations from our members' personal lives.
brandtrn
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Feeling bruised...

Post by brandtrn »

Came home from work, already hobbling on sore legs, only to find Yury walking Ricky on the leash. My Rick was SO excited to see his Momma that he whined and squealed until Yury let go of the leash. I heard one warning: "Seeendy, catch Reeecky!" before being hit with 105 lbs. of flying Doberman. Unbelievably, I remained on my feet, as unsteady as I was, although I WAS knocked into the side of my car. While I love it that my babies are always excited to see me after spending twelve hours at work, letting my *biggest* baby have a running start and a flying leap at me is, perhaps, not the best way to greet me at the end of my workday...Grrrrrr!
"The miracle is this: the more we share, the more we have." -- Leonard Nimoy (1931-2015)
Icey

Re: Feeling bruised...

Post by Icey »

Oh blimey Cindy, I hope you're alright? I had the same thing happen, about 6 years ago, only it concerned one of my SBT's and a friend's Rottweiler. They were only playing and excited, but they ran towards me with gusto and couldn't stop. The rottie hit my legs, and rather than be sent flying backwards, I was bowled over like a 9-pin and fell forward flat onto my face, only to have my very boisterous girl act as a cushion as my head smacked against her chest. We were all "alright", incredibly, but since then, I've suffered with knee pain from arthritis which was caused by an earlier riding accident. Having the dogs charge into me certainly hasn't helped matters.
The only "good" thing about Ricky greeting you like that, is the fact that he loves you and was so pleased to see you! Aww, bless. I hope you have no after-symptoms.
yogi

Post by yogi »

105lbs of unconditional love greeting you after a hard day's work certainly can be overwhelming.

Wait ... have I been missing something all this time? You have pets named Ricky and Lucy? :lmao1:
brandtrn
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by brandtrn »

Yes, indeed I do. Two big, beautiful red Dobermans!
"The miracle is this: the more we share, the more we have." -- Leonard Nimoy (1931-2015)
yogi

Post by yogi »

I'm sure the Doberman's are beautiful animals, but the reference to the Ricardo family is hilarious.
brandtrn
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by brandtrn »

They squabble like the Ricardos, too ;-)