Beginnings

What's your story? Tell me and the entire world all about it.
Forum rules
Topics should be about experiences, comments, and observations from our members' personal lives.
jerrykimbro

Beginnings

Post by jerrykimbro »

It seems appropriate to me, at the start of things to have a blog in which we can discuss- well beginnings and such. Some of you may remember me-my affiliation with the braininformation experience stretches back now to its very beginnings- when we were all picking ourselves up from the vanished digital world of Knowpost and some of us escaped to the digital frontier of Cerescape- oh so very long ago now.

Can you believe dear old Knowpost was now back in the 90s? And Cerescape-almost as long ago? Well anyway Yogi created Neo Brainformation which begat Braininformation which has now begat bfchat...all in all a steller effort on his behalf to continue the friendship and comraderie -that began way back when -in a very rare and unique social circle- what is now known as a 'social network'.

But before Myspace, and Facebook- there was brainformation. Now there is bfchat! So hurrah!

But what is this place exactly? Its not Facebook. There are no ads, while links and stuff can be posted, as well as art and pictures- these are items of a personal nature that are encouraged. So it is the unique PERSONAL atmosphere of this place that is so appealing. Each post comes from someone's heart, soul and unique experience. You aren't going to find a "Like" button or funny memes of grumpy cat or dancing babies etc. But what you are going to find is REAL people.

I always found it very hard to post to the former sites. I took things far too personally at times and in fact left because I was greatly insulted by some things said in the past. No other site has had that ability to really piss me off like NBF. But that's bygones. Yogi kept in touch and when I saw he'd rebooted again- well maybe it was time to registrar and show my support.

I hope that bfchat keeps it light and friendly. I did enjoy hearing things about the other parts of the world, and people like me working hard at keeping things going- some of the same crowd- now around for over ten years? Thats a record and a tribute to this special place. Is it too much to say this is a family of people? Real people, real friends, people who may disagree but agree to disagree and still be friends. That's the nature of civilized society and cultured conversation - and that's always been how Yogi has striven to make all the braininformations- in whatever incarnation they are in. Its a worthy goal and UNIQUE in my experience in all the internet.

So Long Live Bfchat. Its got my heartfelt support!
yogi

Re: Beginnings

Post by yogi »

Hello Jerry, and thank you for contributing to our third incarnation of Brainformation. It seems that every time the software changes I change the name of the web site too. I'd like to think I'm just keeping up with the times, but how many other bulletin board chat sites do you see out there in the wild? We are indeed unique and durable, but I don't think we ever approached the popularity of Knowpost. I have, however, played host to many a refugee from that site when it went down. I heard so many good things about it that I aspired to duplicate it's good will and compelling interest. Unfortunately I didn't know what I was trying to duplicate. I never saw Knowpost live.

What we have today is pretty much like what I started out doing ten years ago. Back then I took the best of all the Q&A sites and discarded the parts that didn't work so well. I'm not so foolish to think that today we can replace Facebook, or Twitter, or Google or the likes of such social networks, but I have abstained from embedding annoying ads, inane games, and using Big Data to track our members wherever they go across the Internet. It's a quiet and peaceful place where even us old dogs might learn some new tricks from our fellow members around the world. I do hope everyone's experience here is worthwhile and beneficial to them. You are indeed adding a person touch and taking ownership of part of this web site by blogging. I look forward to reading more of your comments and insights.
GildedOwl

Re: Beginnings

Post by GildedOwl »

oh cerescape! Thats where I began!