saxon's school concert...

What's your story? Tell me and the entire world all about it.
Forum rules
Topics should be about experiences, comments, and observations from our members' personal lives.
pilvikki

saxon's school concert...

Post by pilvikki »

it was outside in the school yard, told to show up 5.30. ok then, we did and there were maybe 2 doz people around. cool, we got to pick a seat in front, in the shade. it was a narrow bench, but n/m, how long could this last anyway?
(answer: a lot longer than me.)

they started at 6.10. really?! well, dis eez de france and oui, wee'ze alwaysh late, but....!!!

the music was actually good! the singers were also fine, but then we got to each class doing many, many short skits, going from Dirty Dancing to Godfather, Blue Brothers, ballet, flamenco... when you have 6 yr olds hopping around, most to their own music and a daft teacher with an enormous umbrella dancing in front of you, it makes you wonder what all they bin smoking.

it was over at 8. followed by wine and snacks, but we ran.
yogi

Re: saxon's school concert...

Post by yogi »

I've been to more than my share of plays, shows, and recitals put on by sub-teenie-boppers. A few were to witness their mom's musical achievements as well. Boring isn't the right word, but it does take a long time for ALL those little tykes to perform. Those children which are not amazingly talented, are often plain funny to watch. It's something only parents and other close relatives would appreciate. I'd have to say that the snacks served afterwards are a just reward.
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

the snacks at squeaki's theatre club performance was champagne and pizza. passed that up, too, but plenty of people stuck around, mostly those who had friends there.

one batch of 6 yr olds were dressed up as charlie chaplin, which prompted a gr daughter to ask why they were all little hitlers... :facepalm: also, the paint wasn't washed off, so the wee nazis were later "singing in the rain" with it. :facepalm: :facepalm:

the ballerina was really good, ditto the flamenco dancer. i complimented saxon on his realistic looking trip and limp. except he actually tripped and literally had to limp off. :lol:

of the 4 tuba players there were 2 girls, which surprised me and i think the damned tubas weighed more than the musicians. on many days poor saxon had to carry his + the heavy backpack to and from twice a week.
yogi

Post by yogi »

I was in the school band for about six years. Never saw a female tuba player during that time. That must be some kind of tribute to feminism. LOL