irene

What's your story? Tell me and the entire world all about it.
Forum rules
Topics should be about experiences, comments, and observations from our members' personal lives.
pilvikki

Re: irene

Post by pilvikki »

well, there's "malcolm in the middle"... who's got a real memory problem.

and i just read his name, went to type it, and only remember frankie muni.... argh!
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

as for irene, she can't remember our names, but you can tell she does remember us. she's quite alert, but most answers come out as 'i can't remember', which really sucks as i'd love to have her tell me about her life...
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

well, well, for someone having had a major stroke, she's not paralyzed and her memory is creeping back! squeaki set up Some Like it Hot for her and as the moving started rolling she said "oh, there's jack ireland!"

who?

lol! i can't remember names of movie stars unless they're the big ones you see over and over.
yogi

Post by yogi »

Oddly enough "Jack Ireland" rings a bell somewhere in the depths of my mind. However, when I look up the name on Google, there is no such movie star. It makes me wonder exactly what ol' Irene is recalling. :think:
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

ok, MY screw up! she said john...

so, who's the braindead one here....?
yogi

Post by yogi »

Jack is a form of John, but as they say, "garbage in, garbage out."

John Ireland apparently had three wives, one of them being Joanne Dru. That's another name lurking in the shadows of my ancient memory, and one I could not associate with any well known event. However, she appeared in Red River and All the King's Men, as did John Ireland. I'm not a movie buff in any sense, and never was. I wonder why I remember these names.
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

...and yet, here i stare at a neighbour i first met 5 years ago and.... blank!
yogi

Post by yogi »

Most of my neighbors leave a blank impression on me. Then again, I've only lived here slightly more than one year.
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

i was once standing around waiting for my dearly beloved to introduce me to someone he was having a real gab fest with at the mall. he totally ignored me and the other guy did, too. so, i'm not saying anything, staring at the ceiling, walls, shops.

finally! they're done and we move on.

"who was that?"

"what do you mean?"

"you could have introduced us, as you seem to know him very well."

"that was steve, silly!"

"steve WHO?"

"steve. our. next. door. neighbour. the one who was over a couple weeks ago with some beers and pizza!"

:facepalm: :thud: :thud: