irene

What's your story? Tell me and the entire world all about it.
Forum rules
Topics should be about experiences, comments, and observations from our members' personal lives.
pilvikki

irene

Post by pilvikki »

our delightful landlady had an aneurysm and is in the hospital. :realsad: she was fine monday, we were cracking jokes and having a great time. tuesday she woke up looking grumpy and confused, but punkin said she was just having a bad day, at 90 she's allowed. i said at 90 she wasn't allowed...

wednesday she wasn't any better, so off to the hospital. she's a bit better now, she was laughing at didi's pink hair, so we're hoping she'll get her act together pdq.

btw, this is didi's hair colour due to a slight miscalculation:

i couldn't get the proper image load up, so am using a reasonable facsimile, but that's pretty much the colour. :lol: :lol:

we figure laughter is the best medicine, so we'll try to amuse her as much as we can. still pretty worried though...

:worry:
yogi

Re: irene

Post by yogi »

Every once in a while I see one of those pink heads walking around town here. Purple streaking seems to be equally popular. I guess it's acceptable, but this is normally a pretty conservative community. If there's anything I can do to help upload that Didi picture, let me know. I'd love to see it.
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

i'll need to get her to.... actually, i don't know what as i can't even save it to loki... :think:
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

well, here's an odd one, i managed to save it to loki, but when i tried to share, a different menu came up again... i'll email her to you.
yogi

Post by yogi »

That wasn't so hard to do ...

A little pink lipstick and she would look like the model. It seems Didi also might have highlight (frosted, chunked) her hair, or maybe it's just the ambient light. In any case I love it.
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

i could have gone to the ...ok, i can't remember where i store images, photobucket maybe, but they've changed things so it's become a total PITA. so normally i've just bounced photos off fb, but now they've gone and tweaked things, so.... ugh.

yes, i like it, too! it was supposed to have been 'pink champagne', lol! but she mixed it up wrong. she's been washing the dye off, it was much darker originally.

i think i'd like that for me...? but maintaining the colours are too annoying.
yogi

Post by yogi »

Photobucket has a problem being user friendly. It is hard for me to figure out, and I like to think I know what I'm doing. There are various cloud based services you can use for photos, like the ones from Google, Apple, and Microsoft, or even Dropbox if you want something more personal. I just don't trust my personal stuff, like photos, to the cloud. So, I keep them on a spare hard drive and on a memory stick if I want to go traveling with them. Then again, I don't do mobile computing.

I don't know what "pink champagne" hair is supposed to look like, but I always thought strawberry blonds were sexy.

pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

well, soon as i figure where to shove the my stuff, poobucket gets kicked. i get advertising, but not when each image i click on gets an ad plastered over it! along with another ad taken up the side panel.
i really don't need to be reminded of being fat, i've photographic evidence of it!

:bleh:
yogi

Post by yogi »

Those so called free sites earn their keep via ads. But, I think Photobucket overdoes it a bit.
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

i've no problem with ads, but to get right into your face each image is too much.
forumadmin
Site Admin

Post by forumadmin »

I wonder if any people actually but they stuff they force feed on you through intrusive advertising. I know it would turn me off.
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

i don't get it; if you upload your photos to say, the bucket, why would you then order prints from them? you could just go to cosco and get them for next to nothing....
yogi

Post by yogi »

I'm assuming they rely on the fact that some people don't want to leave the house to have their pictures printed. It's so much easier to tell your computer to send you said prints. There must be a lot of impulse buyers out there to support the likes of PhotoBucket. Hard to believe, but they make a profit somehow.
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

well, beats me...

and if i ever were thusly inclined, the ridiculously intrusive advertising would have killed any such thoughts dead.
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

well, beats me...

and if i ever were thusly inclined, the ridiculously intrusive advertising would have killed any such thoughts dead.
yogi

Post by yogi »

I've only heard of university professors taking sabbaticals. Perhaps Tomsk has a second job.
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

professor tom... :think: :think:

irene is coming home tomorrow!

she can read, but doesn't remember our names, yet is much better than she was when she went in. fingers crossed the meds will work quickly.
yogi

Post by yogi »

I'm wondering if it's better or worse not to remember your past
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

for me that's a yes and a no...

adding it all up might be more on the no side, but i'd LOVE to be able to pick and choose.
yogi

Post by yogi »

I think like you do and would rather have a choice of what I remember or not, although I don't see how I could remember to forget something. It has to be exhilarating to start from a clean slate. It would all be an adventure instead of the same ol' same ol'