wrist problem...

What's your story? Tell me and the entire world all about it.
Forum rules
Topics should be about experiences, comments, and observations from our members' personal lives.
pilvikki

wrist problem...

Post by pilvikki »

since i damaged my wrist tendons at work, i've been very careful not to lift heavy weights. but i forgot that i am a really heavy weight myself... for 2 days i've spent hours swinging from the 'monkey bar' in the car as we've weaved our way around mountains and twisty roads. now it's sore as hell, but i can't take anything for it - for then i'll use it as normal. and that won't do!

btw andorra really is beautiful!

i'll post pictures when the swelling goes down.

carry on!
yogi

Re: wrist problem...

Post by yogi »

Will a heating pad help?
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

naw, the tendons have swollen up nicely, so heat would just exacerbate it. just need to wait out and use me left hand...
yogi

Post by yogi »

oh ... well then, ICE?
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

arthritis...

so i'm basically just making like a princess. it ought to be gone in a couple of days.
yogi

Post by yogi »

You need one of them there copper bracelets to calm down the arthritis. http://www.healthline.com/health-slides ... bracelet#3
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

i used to wear one at work and often people would ask if it helped. i told them i had no idea, but it wasn't hurting either and i liked the colour, so....
yogi

Post by yogi »

I don't recall seeing anyone actually wear a copper band on their wrist, and I'm wondering if it turns green over time. Copper tends to do that when it mixes with oxygen.
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

as a kid i had a copper ring that turned my finger green. but the bracelets are coated so you don't turn marsian. i wonder though, if you do get one that reacts to your skin, would that not be too much, considering it's toxic?
yogi

Post by yogi »

I didn't realize copper was toxic. Some of the best cooking utensils are made of copper
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

true enough, but the interior is something else; gramma used to have a tin man come line the insides of her coffee pots. now they're aluminum or steel.
yogi

Post by yogi »

I bought one of those small pots with a pan handle for making Turkish coffee. I never mastered the art, but the pot is copper plated. It's the only copper piece of cookware that I own.
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

i just looove copper; i have my grandmother's copper coffee pots, although i don't use them, as i prefer drip.

they look similar to this, but shinier:

yogi

Post by yogi »

Mom had some copper bottom pots which cooked extremely well. Cleaning them could be a chore. She was able to get something called 'copper cleaner' in the grocery. It was some kind of white powder that was not abrasive. It shined up the copper really well, but was useless for any other purpose. Also, nothing but this cleaner got the copper so shiny and new looking.
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

there is now all kinds of it, but whatever i used on the neighbours' pots was garbage. i will look for something different or make my own.