did it again...

What's your story? Tell me and the entire world all about it.
Forum rules
Topics should be about experiences, comments, and observations from our members' personal lives.
pilvikki

did it again...

Post by pilvikki »

talking with some women about hair and they were bemoaning theirs being so hard to maintain some colour in. do I dye mine?

oh yes, I explain sincerely, my hair's turned this nasty dark nothing colour that makes my face look sallow. so I have to lighten it every so often... and I bend down so they can see my roots.

later on I realized maybe that was not the best way to proceed.

:facepalm:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Icey

Re: did it again...

Post by Icey »

:eek:

Blonde hair's often darker at the roots until it gets longer and then comes through in its natural colour, and new regrowth can look darker during the winter months as well.

If you want to dye your hair, you need a good toner on afterwards so that the colour doesn't change dramatically or go "brassy". Using a toner won't colour your hair, but just keep it to the colour you wanted.
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

oh no, we're no longer talking blond anything, it's gone to a definite mousy shade of blah. I used to bleach it once a year, late winter when there wasn't much sun getting to it, but now I should do it every couple of months at least.

I finally found a great treatment that doesn't burn your eyeballs out and turns it out exactly how I want it and like it used to be - a dark blond of the ash variety. lighter in the summer.

just have to get around to it. after I get it cut, I think.
Icey

Post by Icey »

I've heard folk complaining of the same thing, that their once-blonde colour seems to've turned "mousy". Well luckily there're loads of products which can rectify that now, and plenty that don't have the stinging, gassing bleach effect (like the oil based ones), so perhaps that's the sort you used?
brandtrn
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by brandtrn »

I've actually managed to stay away from artificial hair color for more than a year, and can't say that I'm happy with the results. DON'T much care for the salt-and-pepper look! My hair is naturally dark brown, but now I have substantial strands of white throughout. If it would go *completely* white, I think I'd love the look, but it appears that it'll be a few years before that ever happens...so I'll be reaching for the hair dye again before too many more days have passed. I still have a few boxes of the E-salon custom coloring that I was using up until last year on hand, and I'm tired enough of the salt-and-pepper stuff that I'll be doing a red mahogany again before this weekend is over! :-)
"The miracle is this: the more we share, the more we have." -- Leonard Nimoy (1931-2015)
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

well, that was rude, lost the connection and lost my reply. argh!

what I was saying was that what actually was going on, was my whining about my hair going darker, while the rest of the ladies were trying desperately to cover their white/grey hair. they all are younger, so that didn't help any.

i'd love to have mahogany hair, but it also would create a conflict with my strange hide.
Icey

Post by Icey »

I'd like to go darker again, but I'm allergic to dark hair dyes, even henna. I have darker eyebrows anyway, which I have a tint and pencil added for definition, but I dyed it before going to Turkey one year, and everyone loved it. Not me so much. I'm pale skinned, so I thought it looked wrong.