this famous french cuisine....

What's your story? Tell me and the entire world all about it.
Forum rules
Topics should be about experiences, comments, and observations from our members' personal lives.
pilvikki

this famous french cuisine....

Post by pilvikki »

ramsey once called a finnish dish "shit" and it definitely looks like it - and the taste is a bit unusual, but that's still pretty ignorant behaviour where I come from.

so... we come to the culinary mecca of the world, france...

and have ran into the worst meals/foods we've ever met! here's a few non-favourites:

1: the prepared meatballs we bought for a quick fix one night that the DOG WOULD NOT EAT.

2: donuts that are not just chocolate topped, but chocolate filled. i'm talking about the O shaped ones... many cakes are too sweet for Me! that means they're reaching toxic levels...

3: soups. the local idea of a soup is to empty bits and pieces from the fridge, roughly cut into 2-3" pieces and throw in the left-over roast of chicken, fat, bones and all. bon appetites, folks!

4: nutella. it's a staple with crepe stands that offer nutella, plain or with banana or sugar options.

5: serial aisles are 99.9% everything chocolate.

6: entire aisles of puddings like sweet white cheese cups, flavoured or plain. crème brûlée, tiramisu, eggwhite in custard etc.

7: goose liver pâté, which is from geese force-fed with a funnel to make their livers bloat with fat.

I ordered fish yesterday. it came with a snail sitting on my plate. A real one, cooked in it's shell. hey, thanks, but i'll pass. how are they connected: fish - snail? personally, I prefer my escargot ...gone.

:crazy:

ok, /rant.
yogi

Re: this famous french cuisine....

Post by yogi »

I think the Nutella on crepes is a brilliant idea. It was in fact featured in Bon Appetite Magazine if I recall correctly. The only problem is I'm not a big fan of crepes and the combination likely has so many carbs that I can only eat one at a meal.
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

I actually like nutella, but am still peeved about the fraudulent advertising it as healthy alternative to peanut butter. I carry a grudge a long time when it comes to kids' health, so I won't be eating it in a hurry.

the crepes here are the size of a medium pizza, so maybe a ½ for you...? :)
yogi

Post by yogi »

It's made from hazelnuts. What's the health hazard in Nutella?
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

Nutella contains 70% saturated fat and processed sugar by weight. A two-tablespoon (37 gram) serving of Nutella contains 200 calories including 99 calories from 11 grams of fat (3.5g of which are saturated) and 80 calories from 21 grams of sugar. The spread also contains 15 mg of sodium and 2g of protein per serving.[24][25]
The main ingredients of Nutella are sugar and palm oil,[9] followed by hazelnut, cocoa solids, and skimmed milk. In the United States, Nutella contains soy products.
here you go; get your $4/20 reward from the 3.05 million class action suit:

http://www.parenting.com/blogs/show-and ... ding-ads-0

:lol:
Icey

Post by Icey »

Palm oil alone's high in saturated fat and usually oxidised in products such as Nutella, causing toxicity to the heart, liver and other organs. To cap it all ...

http://preventdisease.com/news/13/06121 ... cipe.shtml

Shudder. Good job I don't like the stuff.