friend moving...

What's your story? Tell me and the entire world all about it.
Forum rules
Topics should be about experiences, comments, and observations from our members' personal lives.
pilvikki

friend moving...

Post by pilvikki »

yes, what an idea, move in december. lol!
Observations about the new place :
.Very low archways in between lounge and kitchen. I suspect it was designed for hobbits!
.There are little steps and dips everywhere. Walk in the door, and the door mat is sunken. Designed to alert hobbit parents when drunken hobbit teens attempt to sneak in at night perhaps?
.All the floors tilt slightly. Not just in one direction either. More anti-drunken-teen-hobbit traps me thinks.
.When you sit on the toilet, your right knee hits the wastepipe of the tiniest sink in the world, which co-incidentally will be positioned somewhere near your face when you're ensconced. If you lean forward to read/internet, you crack your forehead on the mini-sink. I think this is where the drunken teen hobbits were placed on their return to minimise any clean up. Now you can poop and throw up at the same time and not have to clean up the floor!
In non-hobbit related news:
.I'm pleasantly shocked to find that traffic noise is less intrusive than wildlife noise! For the last 15-20 years, I've been woken up by ducks, moorhens and other assorted squawking critters, on a nightly basis. Cars go by almost constantly here, but I somehow find them soothing and sleep straight through it.
.I am living in a sea of boxes. I don't know where anything is. But part of me doesn't care? I thought I'd want everything to be where it should be, but I have no idea where anything should be, so it can all stay in a box as far as I care =x
.I am melting. All my boxes are stacked in front of the radiator, and it's on full. Boiler is either off, or insanely hot. I can't get to my window either, because...boxes. I should do something about them...someday.
.When you take a shower, all the soapy water flows out from under the tray on to the floor. I'm thinking this is a good idea, as it's multi-functional. Shower and clean floor at the same time!
yogi

Re: friend moving...

Post by yogi »

My initial reaction was to wonder if this new residence was acquired blindly without a proper inspection before moving in. Then, I recall, my brand spanking new house has many of the same defects. We have no Hobbits here so that I don't understand the lack of human amenities.
pilvikki

Re: friend moving...

Post by pilvikki »

well, the problem was ed having to basically grab whatever he could catch. he was trying to sell his house (b n b with several cottages) and one purchaser backed out on closing day. then there were no takers for weeks, so his potential rentals had to be let go as well. then this couple showed up and agreed to everything BUT they wanted it in 3 weeks!

so, ed went and put a deposit on the first rental he could get his hands on, as he only plans on staying there for a while, while he ponders his next life move.

the real estate here is insane! you can list with 15 agents, if you want to. AND then you can make a private deal totally disregarding the agents. which is why the ads usually don't have addresses, just state "small, picturesque village 5 min from Limoux with a view of the mountains." if you look on the map, you can find 10 of them within those parameters.