saxon

What's your story? Tell me and the entire world all about it.
Forum rules
Topics should be about experiences, comments, and observations from our members' personal lives.
pilvikki

saxon

Post by pilvikki »

saxon: that was when england had anglo-saxons.

teacher: is that where you got your name from?

saxon: no, it was from the name of a dog mom saw in a movie.

teacher: :lol: :lol: :lol:
yogi

Re: saxon

Post by yogi »

Kids say the darndest things. I'm sure teachers can all write a book about what they hear in class.
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

no kidding... i used to be one of those kids.
yogi

Post by yogi »

:grin: You STILL do have a way with words.
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

well, i try, but it seems i've lost my edge, and half my vocabulary. like trying to chop wood with the heal of the ax.
:realsad:
yogi

Post by yogi »

You're probably right. You are not as sharp as you used to be. But, us over-forty folks tend to be that way. I think it's a good thing that you use the computer and get out a lot. It exercises the brain and prevents atrophy. My idea is to use what I have (left) to its fullest. Very few regrets doing it that way.
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

my doctor suggested crosswords, so i started on them again and at first i found i could "see" the solutions in the cells. that was last summer, but then i stopped for a bit and now have to work at it, while, often, saxon will point it out...

yeah, saxon, who doesn't like to read.

:facepalm:
yogi

Post by yogi »

I love crosswords, but don't get around to doing them much. My antics in the world of geekiness helps keep my brain fresh and dry. Wife, on the other hand, plays online games, such as scrabble and Words With Friends. She also does jigsaw puzzles. If you are looking for something different that will exercise your crosswords skills, try this site: http://crickler.com/index.asp
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

thanks, but i don't think i will get along with cricklers, there are no hints in the way they show up in the regular crosswords. and i hate the 'i bloody well know that!' blank feeling as i can't think of a simple word.
yogi

Post by yogi »

The Cricklers I like are the ones based on current events (there are others). They give the link to the story which you can read to make the puzzle easier to solve. The best part is that when you enter a correct word, the letters from that word fill in other words in the puzzle. Try doing THAT with a normal crossword.