Coffee Downs and Ups

This forum is currently archived and READ-ONLY
yogi

Coffee Downs and Ups

Post by yogi »

Coffee and its caffeine is unquestionably an addiction to a huge portion of the population in the Western World. Some argue that it is what makes the world go round and has some health benefits in spite of it's addictive nature. The good news is that there is a bumper crop of beans flooding the markets these days. A large supply like that normally reduces the price we pay in the grocery store. The bad news is that these lower prices are likely temporary. As global warming takes away more and more fertile coffee growing ground, the supply will become scarce and the prices will skyrocket. Enjoy it while you can.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/ ... l-supplies
Icey

Re: Coffee Downs and Ups

Post by Icey »

Yes, I'm stocking up already!
Icey

Post by Icey »

Our supplies get used up very quickly. I bought two more lots yesterday.
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

thanks for the reminder! punkin bought a case yesterday, but i'll remind her to stock up on my favourites, too. :happydance:
Icey

Post by Icey »

Think we've got a while to go yet, but all of a sudden, I imagine that certain brands or types won't be available in ordinary shops, and if they are, we'll see a big jump in prices. I'm seriously stashing it away atm. It'll always keep.
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

it's too bad 'normal' coffee doesn't come in tins any more... I was cleaning out the first house I lived in Canada after some 20 years and found a Melitta can on top of a cupboard (why was it there?) i'd had thought was empty. the price tag was $1.39, so you can imagine how old it was.

well, I opened it up - and saw that it was really dark and rich, compared to what we found in the stores.... so the quality had gone down considerably, while price had gone up. :bleh:

come think of it, I wonder if actually can find coffee in a can.... i'd buy a case of it.
Icey

Post by Icey »

You CAN get it in tins, although I put the foil-packaged boxed stuff into my own ones. Nescafé and Kenco come like that for just over 29 euros for SIXTY tins!! LOL. Wow, I bet that's good stuff (sarcasm), BUT, it IS a branded coffee, however good or bad.

If you go online, you can get various makes of it from Amazon.