MYTH: Global Warming Pause

This forum is currently archived and READ-ONLY
yogi

MYTH: Global Warming Pause

Post by yogi »

There is a persistent group of people voicing their opinion that if the global warming phenomena exists at all, it is currently on vacation. The reference point they use is 1998, the hottest year on record. Admittedly it has not been that hot since, but each year thereafter has seen an increase in global temperatures. The trend is still toward warming and we now have six scholarly studies to prove it.

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/ ... pause-myth
Icey

Re: MYTH: Global Warming Pause

Post by Icey »

It isn't warming up in these parts Yogi! :lol:
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by Kellemora »

Of course planet earth is warming up. We are still in the current ice age, on the downhill or warming side.
Our current ice age began about 2.6 million years ago, and has not ended yet.
The glacial (cooling) period ended about 10,000 years ago, placing us currently in the interglacial (warming) period, where we will remain until the next glacial (cooling) period begins.

It is not possible for man to control the cycles of planet earth, and all the taxes and regulations the governments of the world extort from their citizens is not going to alter the cycles of planet earth.
Although it may be true we can hasten the current warming cycle momentarily in the overall scheme of things, it still will not change the cycles of planet earth, nor cause the next glacial period to arrive any sooner, or later.

Mother Nature does not give a hoot or care much about the whims of poly-TICK-ians, she has set her course, and will not deviate from it.
Icey

Post by Icey »

Hello Gary! I wondered where you'd got to!

You're right in what you say - or at least, I agree with you, but let's face it, we're not helping our planet by all the pollution we're causing, CO2 emissions and all the rest of it. Stop chopping the rain forests down first of all, and give nature a slight chance to recuperate its losses; then stop polluting our rivers and seas. The politicians can't see an inch in front of them. To say they're clever but stupid, doesn't go far enough.

The earth will do what she's always done, but we're hastening the effects by our own thoughtlessness and greed. We plunder everything that nature's given us, and our leaders allow it to continue. It has to stop, and we all take a step back in time, otherwise, the end'll come sooner than we realise.
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by Kellemora »

I'm not picking on you when I say this Icey.

Although I agree with the pollution problem, most of which are industrial gasses and fossil fuel waste product from burning.

You do know our family was the flower and plant business for 71 years with one of the largest real glass greenhouse ranges in a seven state radius.
The amount of money we spent to inject CO2 into our greenhouses to promote faster plant growth was phenomenal.
Greenhouses are vented for two reasons, to let out excess heat is one, but the main reason is to allow the build up of oxygen in the greenhouses to escape into the atmosphere.
Plants and trees take in CO2, as part of their fuel system, and convert it to Oxygen, which is their waste product so to speak. Too much oxygen in a greenhouse is serious pollution to the plant life.

The same holds true for the natural flora growing outdoors. Oxygen levels in forests during stagnant air seasons sometimes gets too high, and trees die because of it. They need CO2 to grow and thrive, and most of it comes from the decay on the forest floor.

Carbon Dioxide is a harmless gas, but most beneficial to plant life.
Only the poly-TICK-ians trying to gain greater control, power, raise taxes, and create fines, try to brainwash the people into thinking something is bad, when it is really good.
The poly-TICK-ians in our country do a great job of lying to the people here to promote their high cost agenda's, and steal money from our citizens here. Often what they do harms the environment by increasing pollution, rather than reducing the problem, which is what they want everyone to think they are about.
They don't care about cleaning up the air or water, all they care about is making themselves more money by making rules on how you can pollute. It is big revenue to them, when they are not helping one iota, and often making matters worse.

I think I've posted enough examples on here already as to how they go about their methods.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

TTUL
Gary
yogi

Post by yogi »

Two major trends are proven to be occurring with the climate. One is the natural cycle to which Gary refers and the other is the contribution of mankind to the changes in weather. We can't do anything about the first trend, but I fail to see the reasoning behind denying and ignoring the second trend simply because the first one is inevitable.

It's incredible that anyone can think CO2 is a harmless gas when there is such an abundance of scientific evidence to the contrary. Perhaps in a controlled environment such as a greenhouse the benefits of carbon dioxide overload are desirable. But do you honestly think it's a great idea to turn the entire planet into a greenhouse?
Icey

Post by Icey »

CO2 can be dangerous, although vital for plants to survive and in turn support US. If you use a high concentration of CO2 in a confined area, it can actually be smelt. It can cause dizziness, sickness and other things. It's not exactly harmless, but it is when in low doses. The trouble is, we're creating more and more of it by spewing it into the air and breathing it in. I think both of your comments are worthy of merit.
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by Kellemora »

Well, I happen to LOVE CO2!
I've been drinking soda-pop since I was big enough to open the ice box by myself.
I consume at least eight to ten cans a day, sometimes a dozen.
Nobody likes a FLAT can of Soda! Gotta have that CO2 in it!
I figure I'm now 68 years old, and the CO2 hasn't killed me yet!
Neither has smoking, but it's beginning to take it's toll.
Icey

Post by Icey »

LOL. Hello Gary.

I don't think carbonated drinks in themselves're going to harm you - or at least, not the CO2 bit. It's the aspartame and sugar which're the dangers, plus any extra chemical additives they might include.
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by Kellemora »

Well you'll be glad to know the soda I drink DOES NOT CONTAIN ASPARTAME, or sugar.
I won't eat or drink anything which contains Sodium Saccharin or Aspartame!
Which is why I had to quit chewing my favorite chewing gum, along with the sugar, they started adding Aspartame.
And because we have pets in the house, we watch carefully for a few other sweetening agents, some of which are now added to peanut butter, a favorite treat for my birds and pooches. The new FDA SAFE ingredients will KILL a Bird in a very painful and fast way. It will eventually kill dogs, and given enough time, will probably kill us too.
By law, Teflon was supposed to be outlawed, and given a 7 year phase out period. Well those 7 years are up, and Teflon is still on every store shelf across America.
They pass laws here, with no division of government to enforce them, like our Don't Call List...
The Don't Call List is distributed for FREE to Telemarketers, so they have a list of known working numbers to call.
Icey

Post by Icey »

Well done Gary! I know that aspartame goes into lots of chewing gum and other sweets, as well as ordinary foodstuff being lumbered with it.

I'm a label checker, and when I have to buy canned or packaged stuff, I scrutinize the labels because very often, some of the nasties're carefully hidden under the guise of E numbers and "preservatives". I do my utmost to buy the safest food there is, along with plenty of fresh fruit and veg which haven't had any sprays on them at all - not even the allowable organic ones. Even though we use Stevia for sweetening things, some of the shelf stuff's rubbish. I buy the purest boxes of it that I can get, or use local organic honey, but whatever we try and do for the best, something horrible always gets through.
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by Kellemora »

Yeppers! Brands you have bought for years, suddenly start adding the nasties to their products, without warning.
Icey

Post by Icey »

True. My kids like tinned Heinz soups. They now have monosodium glutamate in them, which I'm sure wasn't present when I was a child, otherwise my mother wouldnt've served them up.
Last edited by Icey on 01 Dec 2015, 18:52, edited 1 time in total.
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by Kellemora »

Before we knew it was not such a great idea to add to foods. We used to purposely add MSG to one of our sauces to enhance the flavor, after the franchise changed their formula and made it too bland. Glad to be out of the business.
Icey

Post by Icey »

They do it a lot in Japan and other Asian countries to this day. Did you know that the FDA has classified MSG as a food ingredient that's "generally recognized as safe," but its use remains controversial? Apparently it can cause migraines in some folk, but not in others, so it's difficult to say whether it's actually harmful or not, because it's not made from a particularly hazardous method, but it can also affect nerve transmissions to the brain.
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by Kellemora »

One of the staples of American skewl children was PB&J sandwiches.
But because the gene pool is disintegrating, and a couple of kids are allergic to peanuts now, the most common high protein sandwich has been banned from skewls.
In other words, everyone is punished, because of a small handful who can't control themselves, and will eat what they know they are not allowed to eat.
This is the bass ackwards way nearly everything in this country is handled.
And the ignorance among the powers that be is so outstanding it is almost unbelievable.
A small panel of like five idiots, have managed to convince through their power and by brainwashing Fire Marshals across the USA, that it is safer to strike 100 matches, than to only strike 20 matches.
They actually believe this and have state laws passed based on this false information which affect almost everyone.
How this is done is not so obvious. The powers that be always come in from the trap door in the floor wearing a false face and have a convincing story that seems logical to those with no brains, aka poly-TICK-ians.
I can't count the number of laws I've seen passed based on false information over my lifetime. Or in some cases, a law is enacted exactly opposite of what the people petitioned for, so it made the problem exponentially worse.
But such is life in the USA!
Icey

Post by Icey »

It could be worse Gary. You could be living over here, where another flood of migrants're due to be added the 700,000 who've already crossed into Europe. I'm sure that won't help the global warming, having so many more folk squashed onto our tiny island. : (
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by Kellemora »

What kills me the most is, they don't like the laws in their own country, so they come here, and want us to go by their laws, instead of them following ours.
So why are they coming here? Same holds true for where you live!

Immigration is one thing, but INVASION is something else entirely.

We have a big problem here already with Illegal Aliens who are not interested in immigration at all.
And our stupid ass government gives them everything they want for free.
It is coming to a head over here. Helping an honest person who want's to emigrate to the US is one thing. But trying to support CRIMINALS in record numbers, and kowtowing to their every whim, is not what the people want, and we won't tolerate it anymore.
Obama wants as many freeloaders in this country as possible, because he is hell bent on destroying America.
From our point of view, he is the worst president this country has ever seen.
But from the One World Order viewpoint, he is the best at helping them achieve their goals.
I can guarantee you, it ain't gonna happen here!
It is a shame, but if the poly-TICK-ians don't wise up, and fast, the citizens of the USA will have to take down their own government to get rid of the corruption.
The government knows this, and it is why they want to disarm the American people, which is NOT going to happen either.

Everyone from Grandpa Jones to retired and ex military are arming themselves and stocking up on ammo, as much as we can get our hands on.
We The People are the bosses over those in congress, NOT the other way around.

Our government has enough major weaponry to annihilate everyone in this country. They have stocked up with small-arms ammo to the unprecedented 600 rounds of ammunition for each man, woman, and child living in this country.
WHY? If they want to kill everyone, they have the bombs and major weaponry to do so.

The timid persecuted smokers who allowed themselves to be trampled on by government once, have had enough.
So have the Christians, Jews, and other docile religions, who are equally persecuted by or present government.
I've always had a couple of small-arms, and if lucky a few rounds for them.
This is no longer the case. We now have many arms and enough ammunition for each one of them, and we WILL USE THEM to defend our Constitution, even if it costs us our lives.
And since being jerked around by our state government now for over three months, I'm even more determined than ever before to see they get taken down and replaced with a new government.

WW-III will be mild compared to the Civil War which is brewing here.
There is an armed civilian behind every blade of grass!
Need I say more?
Icey

Post by Icey »

Hi Gary.

Refraining from interjections regarding the US government ( I honestly don't know what's going off over there, and don't think it's right that I should add too many comments about which I know so little), I agree with everything you've said on the migration issue.

You people obviously read the news about what's going off in Europe, but the reports're actually watered down and sometimes inaccurate, to try and paint a picture of everything being under control within the major plan. This isn't so. If you could be transported to the UK right this minute, you'd see and hear for yourselves how dire it is. Our cities're swamped by immigrants - often illegal ones - so that in some places, you hardly see a white face. That's not meant in a racist way, but a true one. I don't object to the colour of a person's skin, but as you rightly say, we ALL object to the thousands who're over here, taking advantage of welfare payments and housing, which our OWN can't get. How can this be right? They want to build mosques, and that's OK then - hell, we'll even give them money to do so! Aren't we tolerant and kind? They want Sharia Law, and blow me, they have that in part as well. There're now one or two Sharia courts which settle domestic disputes amongst their own, failing to adhere to British laws in some cases. It's all wrong Gary, and our government were too slow, and the media reports sided
with them, trying to make folk believe that all was well and that we SHOULD be accommodating these folk. No way.

I feel sorry for the genuine cases, but unfortunately, it's nigh impossible to tell who's genuine or not. Sleepers're here, ready to direct their cells to act against us, but no, we don't even have the strict controls that you in the US do. People get through using fake passports or none at all, and we haven't got a comprehensive computer system which'd basically check them out in seconds.

I DON'T believe that we should all be armed, as over in your country, but that's your right, and I'm now starting to think that you MIGHT be right! LOL! I could see chaos coming from it though, although we're not a hot-headed lot in general. We discuss things and try to use sense and delegate with folk on opposing sides. It may not be enough though. I think it's a terrible situation. We should close our borders to all immigrants, and keep an eye on those come over for general visits and business purposes. It surely wouldn't be THAT difficult to do if our defences were better. We keep deploying troops to other countries, and in some cases, I can see it's needed, but we have very few left over here. Our policing's a joke. I don't blame the officers themselves. They're just doing what they're ordered to do, but the Home Office and Police Commission've got it wrong. We all WANT to see more "bobbies on the beat", but to save money (which came from our taxes but was misused), they're being made redundant at a fast rate, with many towns having their police stations closed, and this applies to all such services - fire departments, ambulance services .....

If something isn't done quickly, we'll be overrun and then our ministers'll be shaking their heads and offering "sincere apologies". It's not good enough. Excuse me, but sod all this PC lark and feeling obliged to do things which we don't want to (because Brussels dictates). We should just tell them to take a hike, and work with allies who're level-headed and want to work peacefully together.
Last edited by Icey on 04 Dec 2015, 11:15, edited 1 time in total.
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by Kellemora »

Hi Icey

Our media over here has their own agenda also, mostly consisting of lies.
In some cases, they are banned from giving true facts of almost anything anymore.

The US has always been open to legal immigration, with only a few minor exceptions.
Like you, I don't care what race or nationality they are, as long as they work toward becoming Americans.
I also do not have a problem with birds-of-a-feather flocking together.
This is how we come to have areas in each city where they can maintain their own family traditions.
Such as Germantown and their beer gartens, or Chinatown, or Little Ireland.
These congregations of nationalities helps to preserve their native cultures.
But the key point here is, although some may prefer living with their own, they also have blended in with society and work at jobs outside their community, and many eventually move to the suburbs and make great neighbors.

You do not find this at all with the illegal immigrants!
The came in illegally, which is a crime, and their criminal activities only escalate from there.
Anyone who enters our country illegally should be treated as the criminal they are, jailed until they can be deported.
Some of the worst criminals we have here, actually have been deported, and still return to commit more crimes.
Which makes it obvious, the government is not doing the job they are supposed to be doing in protecting our borders.

Each country has their own long established laws, and I see no reason why someone who fled from the laws of their country, assuming to find a better life, want to bring with them the same laws from which they have fled.
Any attempt at reestablishing their countries laws in a different country, is not immigration, in is INVASION, plain and simple, and should not be tolerated by any country.

One of our early presidents made a very clear statement, which no president since has followed, not even close.
If you move to America, you must become and American. You can honor your heritage, but you cannot remain as a split individual. You can't be only half an American and half something else. It is all or nothing.

This leaves the big question. WHY did you move to America, England, France, etc. etc. etc.?
To bring your laws and rules to another country, or to assimilate and become a part of the nation to which you moved?
If not the latter, then you have no business entering another country!

My family may be of German descent, but we have married those of English, Irish, French, and even African descent.
We never referred to ourselves as German-Americans, or Irish-Americans. It would become so convoluted over the years, I wonder what my cousins would call themselves? German-Irish-French-Americans. No, we are all 100% American, regardless of the historical heritage of our ancestors.
At the time my German uncle married an Irish gal, it did turn a few eyebrows.
But he was outdone by his wife's brother marrying a Japanese gal soon after WWII ended.
And something similar happened with a few of their children marrying and bringing home Vietnamese women from the Vietnam war. Each became American citizens, not just because of marriage, but by taking the classes to do so officially, following the proper channels.

I often wonder why someone born on American soil, growing up and marrying someone else born on American soil, still consider themselves Africans or African-American? They do not have dual citizenship! So why is their allegiance split as half and half. Do they really want to be only half American?