Vitamine D and Cancer

This forum is currently archived and READ-ONLY
yogi

Vitamine D and Cancer

Post by yogi »

I found some interesting graph depicting the inverse relationship between the occurrence of colorectal cancer (CRC) and the latitude at which you live on this planet. The closer you live near to the equator, the less likely you are to die from CRC. The same holds true for breast cancer. Given the correlation of the graphs and the fact that CRC is much different than breast cancer, the common denominator seems to be the vitamin D creator in the sky. It's a very interesting article.

http://asserttrue.blogspot.com/2013/08/ ... ancer.html#
Icey

Re: Vitamine D and Cancer

Post by Icey »

It IS an interesting article, and I don't know what to think about the findings.
A lot of research's been done into Vit. D, and it's known that too little or too much of it both enhance mortality rates.

http://sciencenordic.com/too-much-vitam ... n-kill-you
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

and usually every damned study disputes the previous one....
Icey

Post by Icey »

Correct.

Personally, I don't believe in vitamin and mineral supplements or extra of, unless of course, they aren't being provided in the diet, but then, to counteract that, our youngest son has an appalling diet because his stomach just rejects certain foods, as sometimes happens with those suffering from autism.

He has no fruit, apart from what bits might be in yogurts, jellies and drinks, no vegetables apart from potatoes - and he only gets calcium from bits of cheese and the few yogurts he eats, yet his blood levels're perfect. He has no deficiency of either vitamins or minerals, and his doctor told us to just let him eat what he wants, as his body'll do the talking. It just shows you that sometimes, all these so-called experts can be wrong.