British Troops In The Ukraine

This forum is currently archived and READ-ONLY
yogi

British Troops In The Ukraine

Post by yogi »

Apparently 75 non-armed military personnel will help Ukraine's army and provide tactical intelligence starting in March. David Cameron has warned that dire consequences for the EU could develop if the Russian separatists are allowed to succeed. There are no plans to arm the British soldiers, but it has not been ruled out. I don't think the Russians can be trusted entirely, but should British soldiers intervene?

http://news.sky.com/story/1433447/briti ... ng-mission
pilvikki

Re: British Troops In The Ukraine

Post by pilvikki »

someone needs to help those poor buggers. and someone needs to ship putin to Siberia. preferably to a place he can't damage any further. like that open pit mine...
Icey

Post by Icey »

I don't like to get into politics, but now it says in the papers that Russia's a threat to the UK.

Perhaps if all the parties kept their beaks out, and stopped thinking about just themselves, then things'd die down. I sometimes think that the whole world's going mad.
AJRC

Post by AJRC »

As long as it stays 75 and their role is training only then i have no problem with them being there. But we definitely shouldn't send any more, and definitely no armed troops. The threat of Russian intervention will stop anyone, especially the US, from intervening. The Ukraine is on it's own really, and it won't be long before most is part of Russia.
Icey

Post by Icey »

And the thing is, many people in the Ukraine WANT to be part of Russia.

Whether folk like the Russian leader or not, it's best to have them as an ally than see them as the enemy all the time. We run things differently, and might not agree with their tactics and practices, but in comparison to north Korea, they seem quite pleasant! If IS continue to expand, we might be very grateful of Russian intervention. The US's relatively safe from the threat at the moment, but they, too, might be grateful of some real power if push comes to shove.

OK., that's all I can say on the subject. I'm probably talking out of my backside as it is!