Nessie Is A Catfish

This forum is currently archived and READ-ONLY
yogi

Nessie Is A Catfish

Post by yogi »

Satellite vision is revealing on many levels. Steve Feltham a long time Loch Ness Monster researcher decided the monster is just a huge catfish native to Europe. One of the more convincing pieces of evidence is the Apple Satellite Map view of what appears to be the monster's wake. It doesn't take too much imagination to see how that would be possible. What do you think?

THE FULL ARTICLE: http://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/destinati ... ig-catfish
tomsk

Re: Nessie Is A Catfish

Post by tomsk »

:lol: I never knew there was anything other than tiny microbes that lived in the Loch,
A huge blow for the tourist industry but we all knew it was hokum anyway... :nana:
Just go for the lovely people and beautiful scenery.. :cool:
Icey

Re: Nessie Is A Catfish

Post by Icey »

It's quite possible that the "monster's" no more than a large catfish or conger eel. In 2001, two dead eels were found washed up on the shore. They were much larger than usual freshwater eels, which can grow to about 10ft. in length and weigh up to 350lbs, but a whopper was caught in Thailand weighing 646lb.

The only argument against the monster being a catfish, is that although they're found in freshwaters, this's usually quite shallow and warm. Loch Ness is 227m at its maximum depth, which wouldn't be of much use to bottom-feeders like a catfish, but since they DO come inland, I think it's very possible that this is what's been seen in the loch.

I agree with Tomsk, in that although there are a few serious "monster hunters", the sightings haven't been of a monster at all. The myth helps to draw the tourists in though, and without perpetuating the stories, people living in the area'd lose their only livelihoods.