Crew Space Transportation

This forum is currently archived and READ-ONLY
yogi

Crew Space Transportation

Post by yogi »

SpaceX and Boeing are aiming for test flights to the international space station by 2017. This project is an effort by private industry to provide commercial transport to destinations in outer space. Four test pilots were named by NASA yesterday (9 July) to give it all a whirl sometime in 2017. This is the first time since 2011 that Cape Canaveral, Florida, will be used as a launch site. The ultimate goal for this commercial space ship is to make travel to places like mars feasible in the 2030's. That's less that twenty years out and it's my understanding that seats have already been reserved for that event.

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2015/07/ ... peditions/
Icey

Re: Crew Space Transportation

Post by Icey »

I hope all goes well after SpaceX's last two failed rocket touch-downs.

I've always supported space travel, and'd love to see Mars. I think that a hundred years from now, people'll have the opportunity to do and see some wonderful things, and it has to start somewhere. Good luck to the pilots.
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by Kellemora »

Don't know if we'll ever get that far the way they keep turning things backwards.

Remember the visions made in the '60s about the '80s, '90s, and turn of the century?
NONE of it came to pass, and travel technology went in reverse, or at the best viewpoint, became stagnant.
brandtrn
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by brandtrn »

In the 2030s, I'll be in my seventies. Who knows? If I win the lottery, maybe I can afford to book myself a seat on that flight to Mars. It'll undoubtedly end in disaster, but hey...whatta way to go!!
"The miracle is this: the more we share, the more we have." -- Leonard Nimoy (1931-2015)
yogi

Post by yogi »

Good news :xclaim:

A one way trip to mars is already scheduled to take off in 2026. You can book your passage now and spend the next ten years training. Apparently it's much easier to create a settlement on mars than it is to build a space ship that can make the round trip. So, if you are intent on living your last days out of this world, check this out:

http://www.mars-one.com/
Icey

Post by Icey »

Ooh, that's beautiful isn't it?!!

Yes, I'm sure there'll be accidents at first, or despite all the preparation, they'll forget something, but I agree with Cindy - what a way to go.
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by Kellemora »

Home Depot will buy a huge section of land on Mars, and lease half of it to WalMart.
Then all the fast food joints will spring up across the street, side by side.
The Eartho/Martians will have to come up with shocking apparel to shop at WalMart.
All the fast food places will install WiFi and provide a direct link to Farcebook, so you can post the Eartho/Martian People of WalMart to those back on planet Earth.
Icey

Post by Icey »

LOOOL!!!!! I can almost see that happening Gary! : )