Embryonic Twin

This forum is currently archived and READ-ONLY
yogi

Embryonic Twin

Post by yogi »

Yamini Karanam was studying for her doctorate degree and started to have problems learning. After much effort to discover the source of the problem she found a brain surgeon who discovered she had a brain tumor. When he did the surgery, the tumor turned out to be her embryonic twin. It's rare, but she is not the only person to have had this problem.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local ... 91281.html
Icey

Re: Embryonic Twin

Post by Icey »

Wow, that's remarkable!
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

:clap:
Icey

Post by Icey »

It was also brilliant that they removed it via keyhole surgery. A lot of folk here who have brain tumours, etc., end up with their heads shaved and very obvious signs of entry on their skulls. : (
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

trepanning... shudder...
Icey

Post by Icey »

Thank you. I was trying to think of the word, but yes.

Only 2 weeks ago I was talking to a girl who'd undergone such an op. Her hair was only just growing back again, but the visible scar was pretty horrendous. I was pleased to see how cheerful she was though.
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

in another life I met a man who'd had large part of his skull removed and not replaced with anything. it had left the most bizarre looking dent in his head. I really can't imagine how that'd work, for it sure leaves one extremely vulnerable.

:eek:
Icey

Post by Icey »

I'm sure it would do. Most holes in the skull are covered over with some protective material, but dents can still sometimes be seen.