Photos of Mars

This forum is currently archived and READ-ONLY
yogi

Photos of Mars

Post by yogi »

NASA is getting pretty good with it's pictures. Check out the link for some eerily familiar pictures from the Red Planet.

http://mars.nasa.gov/msl/curiosity-murr ... aw-images/
Icey

Re: Photos of Mars

Post by Icey »

Well, I could look at stuff like that for hours. I still think that Mars had life on it once - and maybe still has, even if it's not in a form that we recognise. I'd love lots of samples to come back to earth, so that they could be examined properly.
yogi

Post by yogi »

The landscape in some of those photos is exactly like the formations we have in the southwest part of our country. It's that similarity which struck my eye. The idea of life on other planets has been based on it being somewhat human in form. But, it is likely that there are forms of life we have not even thought of yet. It could be living among us right now for all we know. :mrgreen:
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by Kellemora »

Interesting photo's Yogi!
Icey

Post by Icey »

It does, Yogi! :lol:

According to David Icke, the Queen, President Obama and even the Queen Mother and Donald Trump - hail from a reptilian society!

Joking aside, I agree that a form of intelligent life on other planets might be way different from a human one, but I definitely don't think that we're alone!
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by Kellemora »

I wonder if the aliens who fly over in their UFO's don't bother to stop, because they examine us enough to know there is NO intelligent life on planet Earth, hi hi...
Icey

Post by Icey »

Possibly right, Gary. We'd seem like Neanderthals in comparison. : )
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

Fascinating pictures, the clarity is amazing .......How does Mars get it's redness.......?
Icey

Post by Icey »

It's something to do with the minerals in the Martian soil, giving it a red appearance in the night sky.
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by Kellemora »

Mars has a lot of Iron, and at one time had enough water to cause the Iron to Oxidize.
Because of dust storms, the surface appears rust red, as do the abundant dust particles in the atmosphere.
In areas where the surface dust was knocked away, it appears brown like our dirt, but the rust red dust soon spreads over cleared areas real fast.
The water on Mars is trapped as Ice, mainly at the polar caps, also covered in rust red dust.

This is the one thing that has been a dilemma for me about Mars. But perhaps their atmosphere is so much different than ours, that the properties of water as we know them, are not the same on Mars.
For example: Ice can evaporate into a gas without going through the liquid stage here on earth. Because of this, we would still get clouds and rain, or technically snow and hail if we were in the middle of an ice age.
We do not find this same thing happening on Mars. Perhaps the gas is trapped under the layers of dust and cannot escape into the atmosphere?
Icey

Post by Icey »

Hi Gary.

I don't know, but you answered Tomsk's question better than I could! : )
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

yes, thank you Gary....
Time and space..
it is all fascinating...leaves me starry eyed in awe...
Icey

Post by Icey »

:facepalm:
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

Heavens above Icey what?
Icey

Post by Icey »

Double face palm!!!! Ha ha ha!