Browsing Irritation #1

My special interest is computers. Let's talk geek here.
yogi

Browsing Irritation #1

Post by yogi »

The most irritating browsing event to suddenly gain popularity these days has to do with ads that automatically play video/audio some time after you have loaded a web page. If you are like me and have at least half a dozen tabs open at any given time, then finding the offending ad to silence it could be a problem. It's challenging even when only a single page is open because the advertisers make a big effort not to be visually obvious.

Well Google, bless their little hearts, has taken note of the irritation and tried to fix it at the browser level. Apparently they did a few things in the past to give the viewer some choices and visual cues. Coming soon to a Chrome browser near you will be the browser that does not allow these annoyances to begin irritating audio in the first place. You will have to deliberately click on the ad or tab in order to allow the video and audio to irritate you. Kudos to Chrome for being so clever and thoughtful. I can't wait until all the other browsers follow Google's good example.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/08/28/technol ... ab-sounds/
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Re: Browsing Irritation #1

Post by Kellemora »

I block ads, block pop-ups, and keep my speakers turned off most of the time.

Which reminds me. I bought a new set of speakers to put on the Silver Bullet, but they are still in the box sitting on top.
I didn't look at them when I bought them and the top of the speakers are not flat. This means I can't use them to hold things like DVD containers and LAN switches, hi hi...

I wish Google would put a LOCK on your lower scroll bar to keep Farcebook from taking control of it and scrolling to their ads on the right which I have zoomed out far enough not to see them, hi hi...