Unix Vulnerabilities

My special interest is computers. Let's talk geek here.
yogi

Unix Vulnerabilities

Post by yogi »

It was inevitable for Unix to eventually fall to the same kind of attacks that have been aimed at Windows for decades. The current revelations about Ubuntu and Fedora are very reminiscent of the leaks in security we have seen in Microsoft's offerings over the years. The article doesn't talk about Debian, but some of the subsystems mentioned as being vulnerable in Ubuntu would probably also be true for Debian, Ubuntu's parent. So, for your information and reading pleasure, here is an article describing the latest 0 Day attacks on Linux

http://arstechnica.com/security/2016/12 ... w-a-thing/
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Re: Unix Vulnerabilities

Post by Kellemora »

Another interesting read, but based on what he is saying, it doesn't look like I have anything to worry about.

Most of my computers don't even have speakers, so I'm not listening to music files. Which seems to be his point of entry. I'm also no longer using the Gnome desktop environment, although I do use some Gnome utilities.

He said he can't get into most servers, and cannot get into the Root system.
The items he said he could get and download are basically live items from web browser files.

But it is good to know the hackers are trying to find ways to get into Linux. I means we are getting more popular.
I think it is funny that Mickey$oft and Apple use Linux to do their work, because they feel it is more secure, hi hi...