Phishing, Yet Again

My special interest is computers. Let's talk geek here.
yogi

Phishing, Yet Again

Post by yogi »

This is a copy of an e-mail I received today. It's nothing new and most of us would recognize it for what it is. You might be surprised, however, to know that even some fairly intelligent people (such as Hillary Clinton) grab the bait and give away their e-mail credentials. Don't click the verification button, and most of all don't attempt to log into anyplace this mail might send you. That's all SOP.

I am mentioning all of this just as a public service reminder. Two of my friends have had their e-mail ID's compromised within the last 24 hours. If you or your friends are receiving spam marked as you being the sender, scan your computer immediately for viruses. Then change your e-mail password.
Icey

Re: Phishing, Yet Again

Post by Icey »

Thank you Yogi.
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

thanks!

as a matter of fact, got one sent from me a couple of weeks ago. apparently I was in Russia.

meanwhile punkin was driving somewhere the other day when she got a call from "MS" and as it was broadcasted over the car stereo, they all burst out laughing. she said "oh please you're looking at a problem on my computer right now!"

the guy just hung up.
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

ok, that's done...
Icey

Post by Icey »

Hmmm ..... not good.
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by Kellemora »

Every once in awhile, I get a similar message on my computer, which is of course Linux.
Love those who call on the phone, I can keep them going for along time before they finally realize ms commands don't work on Linux, hi hi...