Top 16 Interesting Web Spots

My special interest is computers. Let's talk geek here.
yogi

Top 16 Interesting Web Spots

Post by yogi »

Back in the old days, before Facebook and before BFChat, people would entertain themselves by searching random things on the worldwide web. Most of it is just so much spam, but a few sites were really interesting. I ran across a list of sixteen such interesting sites and am passing them on as a public service. :mrgreen:

I've known about a few of these places before I've seen the list, and I have visited all the sites on the list. As far as I can tell they are all safe, or not obviously destructive. To be honest I didn't run them though any security checks. If you find something malicious, let us know. About the most interesting of the 16 sites is the one simulating Windows 93. I didn't know there ever was such a version of Windows. I have a functioning computer with Windows 3.1 on it, but this Windows 93 is obviously one step above that.

Let us know what you find interesting, if anything.
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Re: Top 16 Interesting Web Spots

Post by Kellemora »

I think a couple of hackers are who made Windows93 last year or perhaps in 2014?
It is funny though!

I just threw away an old list of about 45 BBS sites I found and thought were good enough to keep their phone numbers.
Most were local to my old telephone exchange, but none of them exist anymore as a BBS.
I still had my old BBS e-mail accounts when I moved south, but we had gone internet. But me e-mail suffix still read bbs.galilei.com hi hi. I may have still had that when I first signed up here. Don't remember anymore.
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

oooh, these are AWESOME!

thanks!
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

I like the music one thank you Dennis..
how far does the web stretch?
How many sites are there in total?