Message Of the Day

My special interest is computers. Let's talk geek here.
yogi

Message Of the Day

Post by yogi »

Have you been pwned?
In other words, have your login credential been compromised when some very popular web sites were hacked? Here is a website that will tell you if the bad guys have your password or not. If they do, change it immediately.

https://haveibeenpwned.com/
pilvikki

Re: Message Of the Day

Post by pilvikki »

um... confused I am... according to pwned, my account was compromised in 2006 by myspace - where I was, btw, to track down George, remember him? found George and that was it and since then never went there again. ironic, what?

but if they're passing around the info now, would it not be old news? meaning, who's got the same p/w from 2006?

still, i'll go change it. damn.

but thanks!
yogi

Post by yogi »

You might be surprised at how many people do not change passwords or use obvious ones. The bigger problem is that many people use the same password everywhere they go. If they get your MySpace one, they will be able to get into every other account with that same password. In any case, that website is just an FYI. All it knows is that your login credential were compromised at some point in the past.
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

life would be too easy if one could use the same p/w for everything. I have printed out a list and need it as I can't remember any. this site and gmail and fb are straight up, and I leave them on a lot, although BF tends now to freeze up after a while if unattended, so I've started to close it.
Icey

Post by Icey »

Thank you yogi, but:

"Good news — no pwnage found!

No breached accounts and no pastes (subscribe to search sensitive breaches)"